Friday, September 12, 2014

Vegan 54 Calorie Pumpkin Cream Cheese



Einstein's makes a DELICIOUS Pumpkin Cream Cheese in the Fall, but now that I can't eat dairy, I have to make my own!

For this recipe I used the Daiya vegan cream cheese spread, it is available at Whole Foods - but if you are not lactose intolerant you could use regular or low-fat cream cheese instead! Be sure to store it in the fridge after you mix it up!






Recipe:

1 tub Daiya Plain Cream Cheese
3/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
Pumpkin Pie Spice (to taste)
1/2 cup Stevia



This spread is about 27 calories per tablespoon, or 54 for 2 tablespoons - for comparison, the regular Daiya cream cheese is 90 calories for 2 tablespoons, so this is about half the calories!


I think this spread will taste great on toast, bagels, pumpkin bread, or as Cream Cheese Icing for the Carrot Cake I'm making my Dad :)




No comments:

Post a Comment