Thursday, September 11, 2014

Dining Out: Panera Bread



One of my favorite places to go when I'm watching what I eat is Panera Bread (or St. Louis Bread Co. for anyone from St. Louis).
Disclaimer: I don't worry about gluten contamination so it works fine for me, but if you have Celiac's it probably should be avoided.

I usually get soup or a salad - today I ordered the You Pick Two with a Classic Salad(80 cal) and Black Bean Soup(170 cal)

Some other low-calorie choices are:

A Full Classic Salad - 170 calories
Classic Salad with Chicken - 290 calories
Chicken Noodle Soup(not GF) - 90 calories for a cup
Power Chicken Hummus Bowl (DF without cheese) - 330 calories
Caesar Salad(Gf without croutons, but not dairy free) - 310 calories
Fruit Cup - 70 calories
Apple (as a side) - 50-80 calories

Making informed choices is especially important when you are eating at restaurants, you would be surprised at how many calories some items contain.
My boyfriend ordered the Smokehouse Turkey Panini(710 cal), with chips(160 cal) and a Pumpkin Muffy(290 cal) - that's over 1,000 calories for one meal! Some people are able to eat more calories but for those of us with slower metabolisms restaurants can be tricky, which is why it is important to check calorie information before you order.

Make Good Choices!


No comments:

Post a Comment