Wednesday, September 10, 2014

65 Calorie Skinny-tized Nutella



I LOVE Nutella. For real, I could eat the whole jar. Unfortunately that would be about 3,000 calories, and my waistline just cannot handle that. Even the natural alternatives like Justin's have 180 calories for 2 tablespoons and you know I do not have that kind of self control. Also, regular Nutella contains milk, which I cannot eat because of the lactose :(

So, naturally I needed to come up with a lower calorie alternative.

This recipe makes a thick, chocolate/peanut buttery spread that is great on fruit, toast, ice cream, or (my personal favorite) spoons. :)

The really great thing about this version is it is only 65 calories for 3 tablespoons instead of 180 calories for just 2 tablespoons!




Recipe:

1 Tablespoon Chocolate PB2 Powder
1 Tablespoon Regular PB2 Powder
1 Tablespoon unsweetened Cocoa powder
Water


I mix up all of the powders and then add in enough water to stir it into the consistency I want. (The more water you add the thinner the consistency will be) About equal parts water and powder makes a nice paste.



PB2 is a powdered peanut butter that has a lot less fat than regular peanut butter, but tastes just as sweet and peanut-y! You can find it at Whole Foods or buy it on Amazon, it is only 45 calories for 2 tablespoons! I love it on apples, as an ice cream topping, in smoothies, or mixed with water to replace peanut butter!

No comments:

Post a Comment