Wednesday, September 10, 2014

60 Calorie Crustless Pumpkin Pies




This recipe is adapted from SimplyTaralynn, one of my absolute favorite blogs/bloggers - Taralynn is an amazing blogger and she is definitely a fitness role model, I love her blog and her Instagram!


Anyways, autumn weather always gets me in the mood for pumpkin pie - but being gluten and dairy free makes pumpkin pie hard to come by! Thank god I have Taralynn to help a girl out!

Taralynn's original recipe can be found here: http://simplytaralynn.com/2014/08/23/60-calorie-crust-less-pumpkin-pies-gluten-free-no/

Her recipe used a dairy topping so I knew I would need to modify that, and I made a few other slight changes along the way - 


Recipe:

1 can Pumpkin Puree (NOT Pumpkin Pie Filling!) 
3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce 
1/4 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 scoop Vega One Vanilla Chai Protein Powder
1 egg white
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice





I like my pumpkin pie to have a LOT of spice to it so I chose to add a little extra pumpkin pie spice, and I used the Vanilla Chai Vega One protein powder instead of plain Vanilla.





Vega One is an AMAZING protein powder, it is available in single serve packets or in various tub sizes at Whole Foods - it is a Vegan, plant-based protein powder and it tastes great even if you only mix it with water. I first tried it a few months ago when some Vega reps came to my local Whole Foods, and I even got my Dad hooked on it! He drinks the chocolate flavor every morning for breakfast, and he even admits that he notices a big difference in his energy levels. 
You can read more about Vega here: http://myvega.com/













After mixing all of the ingredients together scoop about 1/2 cup of the batter into muffin tins ( Use cupcake liners if you want them to keep their shape when you take them out!) You should also spray each liner with Pam or your choice of cooking spray.

Bake the mini pies at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes (you can shorten the cooking time if you like your pumpkin pie to be more custard-y)


I topped my mini pies with 1 tbsp of Soy Whipped Cream - I love it and my Dad can't tell the difference between the soy whip and regular, plus it is only 5 calories per tablespoon vs. about 10 for a tablespoon of regular whipped cream, in addition to being lactose free!












No comments:

Post a Comment