Wednesday, September 17, 2014

130 Calorie Plum Cake







I haven't used Plums very often in my baking, but I loved the tart/sweet flavor they brought to my 150 Calorie Fall Harvest Bread Pudding, so I decided to try making a cake with plums as the main ingredient.


I couldn't find a good Plum Puree so I just made my own by chopping up and blending 2 fresh plums, with the skin.

This cake only has 2 ingredients, and it is Gluten free, Dairy free, and Vegan!




Recipe: Makes 1 Mini Loaf, double ingredients for regular loaf

2 Plums, pureed - 40 cal
1/4 cup Oat Flour - 90 cal       
= 130 calories in whole loaf



1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Wash the plums, remove the pits, and cut into small pieces. Blend in Blender until pureed like an apple sauce
3. Add the flour to the plum puree
4. Pour into greased mini loaf pan
5. Bake for 20 minutes
6. Remove from oven, enjoy hot or cold :)





No comments:

Post a Comment