Sunday, September 28, 2014

67 Calorie Apple Tart





After I went Apple picking I had a huge supply of apples to experiment with in my baking - here is one of the recipes I came up with!

This individual-size apple tart is so low-calorie you could eat 3.5 of them for the same calories as one McDonald's personal apple pie - I think I would rather eat my low-cal and gluten free version anyways

In addition to being gluten free, this apple tart is dairy free and vegan!



Recipe:

For the crust:
2 tablespoons Oat Flour - 44 calories
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Unsweetened Almond Milk - 3 calories
1/4 teaspoon Stevia, a dash of cinnamon and a pinch of salt    

For the Apple topping:
1/4 of a large Honeycrisp Apple - 20 calories
1/4 teaspoon Stevia, 1 teaspoon Cinnamon  
                                                                            
= 67 calories!


1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together the ingredients for the crust
3. Spread the crust batter into a greased personal tart pan or quiche pan (it is very sticky but smooth it out the best you can, it will be covered by apples anyways)
4. Chop up and peel the apple, coat with stevia and cinnamon
5. Place the apple on top of the crust
6. Bake for about 25 minutes, until the crust is cooked - enjoy hot!



No comments:

Post a Comment