Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Broccoli Pancake & Poached Egg (140 Calories)






This is one of my favorite go-to quick meals when I am just cooking for myself at my apartment. I made it this morning for breakfast for my "last first day of school" - it is kind of like a low calorie version of Eggs Benedict

If you don't have an egg poacher you can just prepare the egg any way you like - basted, fried, scrambled, etc.

This quick meal is good any time of day, I have made if for breakfast, lunch and dinner :)

I like the Broccoli Pancakes because they pack this meal with extra protein - but if you like a sweet-savory combination you could try it with a Sweet Potato Pancake

I buy these Broccoli Pancakes at Whole Foods, I really like that they are individually wrapped because it takes a while for me to get through a whole box!


This meal is also Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Vegetarian!


Recipe:

1 egg - 70 calories
1 Broccoli Pancake - 70 calories         
= 140 calories


1. First heat up a skillet and begin cooking your broccoli pancake - cook for about 7 minutes on the first side, 4 on the other, and keep flipping until both sides are crispy and the patty is heated through
2. While your broccoli pancake is heating up cook your egg - I use a microwave egg poacher to cook mine, but you could cook it in another skillet instead
3. Place your heated broccoli pancake on a plate and top with the egg - top with salt and pepper and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment