Wednesday, September 24, 2014

200 Calorie Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower





I made this Spicy Sriracha Roasted Cauliflower for dinner tonight, it smelled AMAZING while it was roasting in the oven - and I'm only a little embarrassed to admit that I ate then entire thing by myself...


This was really good! I love spicy food so I knew I would like how this turned out - I even used extra sriracha as a dipping sauce :)

I had this as a main dinner dish but you could also have it as a side dish, or serve it with some other heavy sides if you're cooking for more than one person.

This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Vegan - make sure you use a Gluten Free Sriracha if you are gluten intolerant, not all brands are gluten free




Recipe:
1 medium head of Cauliflower - 146 calories
1/4 cup Sriracha - 60 calories
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Powder
1/2 teaspoon Chili Flakes               
=206 calories for the whole head of cauliflower


1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Wash Cauliflower and cut off the large stem and leaves
3. Mix together the Sriracha, Garlic Powder, Cayenne Powder, and Chili Flakes



4. Spread the Sauce mixture over the whole head of Cauliflower - Use a spoon or basting brush to do this, or wear gloves so that you don't stain your hands

5. Place in the oven and bake for 1 hour - I sprayed some coconut oil on my cauliflower halfway through the cooking time but that probably isn't necessary

6. Remove from oven when tender, slice and add some salt and pepper if desired - enjoy while it's HOT :)




No comments:

Post a Comment