Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Skinny-tized 200 Calorie Hot Fudge Cake




My Dad was out of town when I made the last Chocolate cake, and he has been dropping hints about it ever since - so I decided I would make another version of Chocolate Cake for him last night for dessert (because I am such a good daughter :) )

I wanted this cake to be very fudge-y and chocolate-y so we ate it right out of the oven, and it didn't disappoint! This definitely didn't taste like it was less than 200 calories for a whole loaf, but it was!







Recipe:

3/4 cup pumpkin puree- 60 cal
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce - 30 cal
1/4 cup stevia
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 egg whites - 34 cal
1/2 cup oat flour - 180 cal
4 tablespoons Cocoa powder - 80 cal            
= 384 whole recipe - makes 2 mini loaves 192 cal each




1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all wet ingredients, then all dry ingredients, except the cocoa powder
3. Stir in cocoa powder until the cake reaches the level of "chocolate intensity" you want -A little less cocoa than the amount I added was enough to cover up the pumpkin taste but I wanted this it be extra chocolate-y
4. After mixing well, pour the mixture into 2 greased mini loaf pans (or 1 large loaf pan)
5. Bake for about 20 minutes (40 minutes if using one large pan)
6. Enjoy hot out of the oven with the whipped topping of your choice!







Lately my Dad has been opting for regular Cool Whip instead of the Soy Whip, it has about twice as many calories, but hey whatever floats your boat right?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment