Sunday, October 5, 2014

125 Calorie Pumpkin Crumble Casserole





I had a half-used can of pumpkin puree in my fridge that I didn't want to go to waste - so I threw this recipe together. I think it turned out pretty well considering I was just winging it - next time I think I would add some cinnamon to the crumble and/or pumpkin mixture - but overall it tasted good, sort of like a cross between Thanksgiving Sweet Potato Casserole and Pumpkin Pie.

This is also just 125 calories, gluten free, dairy free and vegan :)




Recipe:

For crumble:
2 teaspoons Unsweetened Apple Sauce - 5 calories
2 tablespoons plus 3 teaspoons Oat Flour - 80 calories

For the Filling:
1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree - 40 calories
1 tablespoon Stevia
                                                        
=125 Calories total


1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix together the ingredients for the crumble, do not over-mix - break up the mixture into small crumbly pieces
3. Mix together the stevia and Pumpkin Puree
4. Press about half of the crumble mixture into the bottom of a small(personal size, about the size of a custard cup) greased baking dish to form the bottom crust
5. Spoon the pumpkin mixture on top of the bottom crust layer, smooth out the top
6. Spread the remaining crumble mixture on top of the pumpkin - top with an additional 1/8 teaspoon of stevia and/or cinnamon if desired
7. Bake 15-20 minutes - until the crumble topping is cooked - serve hot, top with Soy Whip or other whipped topping :)






No comments:

Post a Comment