Wednesday, October 8, 2014

230 Calorie Fried Rice



Chicken fried rice in a restaurant isn't very healthy - and it usually isn't gluten free because of the Soy Sauce - so I thought I would try making my own healthy/gluten free version for dinner :)

I used quinoa instead of rice - you can use rice if you prefer, I just already had quinoa - and I added egg whites and peas - but you can add whatever other veggies/protein you like

This was pretty easy to make, and its only 230 calories! It is also gluten free and dairy free!




Recipe:
2 Egg Whites - 34 calories
1/4 cup uncooked Quinoa - 160 calorires
1/4 cup Peas - 26 calories
1 tablespoon Gluten free Soy Sauce/Tamari - 10 calories
Onion Powder, Garlic Salt, Pepper (to taste)                     
= 230 calories total


1. First cook your quinoa or rice - quinoa takes about 15-20 minutes to make
2. Once the quinoa is cooked, scramble the egg whites
3. As the egg whites are cooking you can cook the peas in the same pan
4. Once the eggs and peas are done add the quinoa to the skillet and stir in the Soy Sauce or Tamari, and add the other seasonings
5. Serve hot :)




No comments:

Post a Comment