Saturday, October 18, 2014

16 Calorie Peanut Butter Pretzels


I had a craving for those peanut butter-filled pretzels - but I have yet to find a gluten free version so I had to make my own - 

I used Glutino Gluten Free Pretzels and PB2 to make these - using PB2 really lowered the calories in these because 2 tablespoons of regular peanut butter has 180 calories(that's more calories than my entire batch of peanut butter pretzels!) and PB2 only has 45 calories for 2 tablespoons

These make a delicious and easy gluten free snack :)



Recipe:
2 tablespoons PB2 - 45 calories
1 tablespoon water - 0
14 Gluten Free Pretzels - 70 calories                                                           
= 115 calories total, makes 7 pretzel sandwiches, about 16.5 calories each

1. Mix together PB2 and water into a thick paste
2. Take about 1 teaspoon sized spoonfuls of the peanut butter and press into a pretzel
3. Press another pretzel on top of the peanut butter - repeat with the rest of the pretzels and peanut butter
4. Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment