Tuesday, October 7, 2014

80 Calorie Apple Chips




Apple Chips were on sale at the grocery store, so my boyfriend picked out a few bags - I thought they were good but they were very sugary (and 140 calories for 12 chips!) and my boyfriend didn't think they tasted apple-y enough  -  so I decided to try making some from scratch without the added sugar




These weren't difficult to make, but they have to bake for a few hours so these are a good thing to make if you're going to be home for a few hours -  I made them while I finished watching Breaking Bad :)


All you need are Apples and Cinnamon! These are gluten free, dairy free and vegan! There are also only 80 calories in the whole batch!


Recipe:
1 Medium Honeycrisp Apple - 80 calories
Cinnamon to sprinkle on top


1. Wash and Slice up your apple into thin pieces - I did lots of differently shaped pieces, but you could make them more uniform if you are better with a knife than I am :)
2. Spread out the apple slices on a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet, sprinkle with cinnamon(you could also sprinkle some Stevia on top if you want them to be sweeter)
3. Bake at 200 degrees for 3 hours - then turn off the oven and leave the apple chips in there for another hour
4. Enjoy! Store in an airtight container :)




No comments:

Post a Comment