Sunday, January 4, 2015

55 Calorie Maple Cinnamon Butter


I love the honey butter at restaurants like Longhorn Steakhouse and Redstone - so I thought I would try to make my own low calorie and dairy free version - I thought this turned out really well and it is only 55 calories per tablespoon - regular butter is 100 calories per tablespoon and regular honey cinnamon butter is probably even more than that!

I used Earth Balance Whipped as a butter alternative but you could use any variety you like -
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, and vegan!



Recipe:

2 tbsp Earth Balance - 160 calories
1 tbsp Sugar Free Maple Syrup - 7 calories
1 tsp Cinnamon                                             
= 167 calories, about 55 calories per tablespoon

(vs. regular butter 100 cal per tablespoon)


1. Measure out butter in a small custard cup
2. Add syrup and cinnamon
3. Mix thoroughly (I used a fork)
4. Add more cinnamon or stevia if desired, store in refrigerator and use on toast, crackers, pancakes, waffles etc.





No comments:

Post a Comment