Friday, September 26, 2014

160 Calorie Zucchini Bread





My grandma makes THE BEST Zucchini Bread, I used to eat a few slices for breakfast when we would stay at her house - I love it chilled, with a little butter :)

 Since I liked it so much I thought I would see if I could make my own gluten free, dairy free, and low calorie version

I thought this turned out pretty good, and it is only 158 calories! This is healthy enough to eat for breakfast in my opinion - The only ingredients are: Zucchini, Apple, Sauce, Pumpkin Puree, Stevia and Oat Flour - totally acceptable breakfast staples
It is also gluten free, dairy free, and vegan!





Recipe:

1/2 of a Zucchini, grated (about 1 cup) - 23 calories
1/4 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce - 25 calories
1/4 cup Pumpkin Puree - 20 calories
1/4 cup Oat Flour - 90 calories
1/4 cup Stevia                                                             
= 158 Calories in Whole Loaf


1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Wash your zucchini thoroughly and grate it into thin pieces
3. Mix in the apple sauce, pumpkin puree, flour, and stevia
4. Pour into greased loaf pan or 2 mini loaf pans (you can use a round pan like I did but I wasn't able to get it cooked through as thoroughly - I think it would work better in a loaf pan)
5. Bake for about 40 minutes for a large loaf, or 20 minutes for mini loaves
6. Remove from oven - let cool before storing in the refrigerator





No comments:

Post a Comment